Mr. Chenault dedicates a large portion of his practice to Probate and Guardianship Law and related areas. He has been involved in and has represented individuals, creditors, and large national non-profits in highly contested and high net worth estates. He currently serves as the Vice-President of the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section of the Denton Bar Association and serves as an Attorney and Guardian Ad Litem with the Denton County Statutory Probate Court.
Denton | Dallas | Tarrant | Collin
The Chenault Law Firm is experienced in all stages of the litigation process. From the outset of the litigation process, he works closely with the Firm’s clients to ensure that their rights and interest are protected. In some instances, the client’s goals can be met through alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation. At other times, trial is the only solution. The Chenault Law Firm has handled a wide array of litigation issues including:
- Contractual Disputes and Litigation
- Corporate Issues Litigation
- Creditor’s Rights and Debt Collections
- Employment Law, including Unemployment and Wage Claims & Enforcement of Non-Competition and Confidentiality Agreements
- Deceptive Trade Practices Claims
- Fraud & Fiduciary Litigation
- Tortuous Interference with Contracts
- Business Defamation
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Commercial Lease Disputes and Evictions
- Property Disputes
- Landlord- Tenant Issues
A properly drafted estate plan will allow an individual to effectively and efficiently transfer their assets to the desired recipients with minimal court supervision. In Texas, the property of an individual who dies without a proper estate plan may be disposed of according to rigid intestacy laws without regard to individual relationships or circumstances.
The Chenault Law Firm is experienced in assisting individuals with their estate planning needs to ensure that their wishes are carried out in the event they pass away or become ill or incapacitated.
Mr. Chenault provides a range of real estate litigation and transactional services to both business and individual clients including the following services:
- General litigation and disputes
- Post-transaction disputes, including deceptive trade practices and fraud claims
- Preparation, interpretation and enforcement of purchase agreements, contracts, rental agreements, deeds, and bills of sale
- Forcible Entry and Detainer Suits
- Landlord- Tenant Issues
Mr. Chenault provides counsel to both large and small businesses at all stages of their existence. This representation deals with issues arising during the initial formation of the entity, in its day to day operations, or in the event the entity becomes involved in a business threatening dispute or litigation.
Areas of focus include:
- Business Formations
- Contract Preparation and Review
- Business and Commercial Litigation & Disputes
- Non-Compete and Confidentiality Agreements
- Employment Matters